| Nonprofit & NGO Finance
Nonprofit and NonGovernmental Organizations (NGO) may lack sound financial management practices, both at the organizational level and within social programs. Given the lack of resources available to many nonprofit's, there is a real need to design strong financial management practices. My nonprofit services are directed at getting your organization to a much higher level of financial management.
Some of the deliverables related to my non-profit practice include:
- Financial Models for Managing Programs - More and more organizations are turning to financial models to streamline the administration of programs, standardize the procedures, and customize how performance should be evaluated.
- Performance Scorecards (such as Harvard University's Public Sector Scorecard) - Traditional scorecards with multiple layers are somewhat confusing for Nonprofit's and NGO's; simple three layered models can be more effective.
- Organizational Benchmarking for External Views - It is extremely important for all nonprofit's to avoid the trap of becoming too inward in how they assess performance. A set of external benchmarks, including competitive analysis, can allow a nonprofit to see the "big picture" for improved strategic decision making.
- Budgeting and Forecasting Models for Accountability of Funds - Simple models can be used to organize and simplify the development and reporting of budgets.
- Value Added Reporting per Accounting Data (including Flash Reports for Just in Time Decision Making) - Quick reporting of financial conditions so that unplanned events can be avoided.
Specific Deliverables - continued
- Development of Overall Financial Policies - Both the organization and various programs should follow a standard set of financial policies for proper control and accountability.
- Training and Tools for Basic Financial Management - Everyone should clearly understand the "basics" behind financial management, including the use of various tools.
Unlike other sectors, the nonprofit sector is self-regulated and self-governing. As a result, nonprofit's must go it alone when it comes to financial management and accountability. Partnering with others is essential to sustaining a nonprofit organization. This is the foundation behind my nonprofit services - providing the support that you need for sound financial management.
If you need to better understand how some of my nonprofit services work, download and read Creating Value in the Nonprofit Sector.
|What's in it for you? Creditability with foundations and other stakeholders that support your nonprofit. Conveys that your nonprofit is very well managed. Better insights into what works and what doesn't.