| Shareware & Trial Programs
- Occam's Tree - An application to assist with optimal decision making. Tree Templates, PERT and NPV spreadsheets for the application available from the software vendor - Visionary Tools
- Strategy 2 Act - Balanced Scorecard Tool for creating a strategy tree and scorecard map - AKS Labs
- ROI Solver - Calculates Return on Investment for different scenarios - Data Relevation
- StatistXL 1.5 (7.8 MB) - Excel Add-In for statistical applications such as ANOVA, t-Tests, Regression Analysis, Cluster Analysis, and Factor Analysis - StatistXL
- MM4xl (8.5 MB) - Strategic business analysis tool kit for Excel - Brand mapping, cluster analysis, GE Business Monitor, and other competitive analytical tools - Marketing Stat.
- Financial Analysis - Evaluates business performance using 33 ratios in 5
categories with common financials and graphs - BNB Software.
- Business Functions - Collection of functions for building a financial model - Business Functions UK.
- Project Risk Analysis - Develop cost estimates on capital investment projects
- Starting Costs - Estimate the startup costs of a business
- Business Builder - Build a business model covering production and sales. Also
project financial transactions
- Money Math - A five star shareware program for performing different financial
calculations, such as discounted cash flows, loan amortization's, etc.
Program includes worksheets and examples.
- Lease Calculator - A five star shareware program for various lease
calculations, including lease vs. buy analysis. A very good financial
- WINFIN- Capital budgeting calculations, such as Net Present Value, Internal Rate
of Return, and Payback. Just plug in the discount rates and the free cash
flows and it automatically gives you the economics of your project.
- NPV of DCF - Valuation of Investments based on Net Present Value. Enter cash
flows up to ten years with five adjustable discount rates.
- Euro Magic - Currency Conversions from a drop down menu for European
currencies and U.S. dollars.
- Risk Analyzer - Decision and risk analysis program for Microsoft Excel.
Provides a simple alternative to more complex simulation programs.
- Turbo BPR - Facilitates strategic planning, operations analysis, and project
assessments. Links various elements within a framework and provides
- MindManager- Breaks down a complicated problem within a map. Helps display ideas and
relationships within a single framework.
- SurvivalWare - Simulation program for advanced warning of cash flow problems. Sales,
collection times, and other variables are used to generate a probabilistic
forecast of cash inflows. Shortfall graph tells you the magnitude of the
- Aldarus Business Plan - A highly rated program for business planning. Includes
templates for generating financial statements, breakeven, and financial
ratios. Requires Microsoft Office 97.
- Solve IT - Fill in the blank and hit F9 key to do financial calculations, such as
loan analysis, depreciation, net worth, etc.
Search for Software
Accounting Selection Tool
InLevel Business Software Directory
Search Accounting Software
Retail Software Advice
| Links to Specific Software Programs
- QPR provides a 14 day trial
version of their software program that is fully functional. For companies
wanting to integrate Activity Based Management with Balanced Scorecards, QPR is
a preferred choice. Download QPR.
- Demo download of Budget Maestro, a
popular budget and planning software program. The software imports data directly
from your accounting program or a spreadsheet and allows what-if analysis. Download Budget Maestro.
of Up Your Cash Flow, a fully integrated and very popular program for budgets, cash flow forecasting and projections. Creates Daily, Weekly, Quarterly or Annually plans. Menu driven and generates 65+ different types of reports. Tell them you heard about the program from Matt Evans and get a special price! Download Up Your Cash Flow.
- Exl-Plan is a highly rated shareware
program for financial forecasting. It includes several preformatted worksheets
for generating projected cash flows and financials. The program comes in
different versions. To learn more, visit Exl-Plan.
- InfoHarvest Decision Plus - A good
overall program that can be used for all kinds of decisions throughout your
organization. This program works best for applications that involve multiple
choices with weights assigned to different alternatives. For users who are new
to decision analysis, this program gives you a good idea of how decision
analysis software works. The download includes some good examples to help get
you started. Download Decision Plus.
- Expert Choice Pro for Windows - A good
decision analysis program that walks you through a structured approach to
decision making: Define Goals, Identify Criteria, etc. Download Expert Choice.
- Decision Pro - Another good program for
building your own decision trees. You can download a free trial copy from
vanguard software. Download Decision Pro.
- Dr. Precision - A good financial calculator
that can purchased for a very modest fee over the internet. Dr. Precision
calculates all economic criteria, such as Modified Internal Rate of Return, Net
Present Value as well as future values. Download Dr. Precision.
- Time Value is widely used by banks and other financial institutions for amortization problems. The program accommodates a wide range of compounding periods.
- @ RISK is considered one of the most
popular risk analysis software programs. The program is useful for forecasting
and analyzing different outcomes. Graphs help summarize and report results of
analysis. The program is useful for capital budgeting, financial projections,
merger analysis, and other applications. Download Trial Version @RISK.
- Two inexpensive programs for valuations and financial analysis are Ball Park and Value Express.
- Palo Alto sells a complete set of award
winning planning programs - Business Plan Pro, Marketing Plan Pro, and Cash Plan
Pro. These programs break down the planning process into steps and allow
financial analysis. The final plans are very professional looking (graphs,
charts, tables, etc.). To learn more, click on one of the following links: General Information | Sample Plans | Evaluate Your Plans | Business Plan Pro.
- Business Resource Software sells an
excellent planning program called Plan Write. This program has won numerous
awards. Plan Write generates forecasted financial's, provides what if
analysis, and has a graph tool. To learn more, visit Business Resource Software.
- Another good program for business planning
is Biz Planner Builder.