Free Excel Spreadsheets
- Capital Budgeting Analysis (xls) - Basic program for doing capital budgeting analysis with inclusion of opportunity costs, working capital requirements, etc. - Aswath Damodaran
- Rating Calculation (xls) - Estimates a rating and cost of debt based on the coverage of debt by an organization - Aswath Damodaran
- LBO Valuation (xls) - Analyzes the value of equity in a leverage buyout (LBO) - Aswath Damodaran
- Synergy (xls) - Estimates the value of synergy in a merger and acquisition - Aswath Damodaran
- Valuation Models (xls) - Rough calculation for choosing the correct valuation model - Aswath Damodaran
- Risk Premium (xls) - Calculates the implied risk premium in a market. (uses macro's) - Aswath Damodaran
- FCFE Valuation 1 (xls) - Free Cash Flow to Equity (FCFE) Valuation Model for organizations with stable growth rates - Aswath Damodaran
- FCFE Valuation 2 (xls) - Free Cash Flow to Equity (FCFE) Valuation Model for organizations with two periods of growth, high growth initially and then stable growth - Aswath Damodaran
- FCFE Valuation 3 (xls) - Free Cash Flow to Equity (FCFE) Valuation Model for organizations with three stages of growth, high growth initially, decline in growth, and then stable growth - Aswath Damodaran
- FCFF Valuation 1 (xls) - Free Cash Flow to Firm (FCFF) Valuation Model for organizations with stable growth rates - Aswath Damodaran
- FCFF Valuation 2 (xls) - Free Cash Flow to Firm (FCFF) Valuation Model for organizations with two periods of growth, high growth initially and then stable growth - Aswath Damodaran
- Time Value (xls) - Introduction to time value concepts, such as present value, internal rate of return, etc.
- Lease or Buy a Car (xls) - Basic spreadsheet for deciding to buy or lease a car.
- NPV & IRR (xls) - Explains Internal Rate of Return, compares projects, etc.
- Real Rates (xls) - Demonstrates inflation and real rates of return.
- Template (xls) - Template spreadsheet for project evaluation & capital budgeting.
- Free Cash Flow (xls) - Cash flow worksheets - subsidized and unsubsidized.
- Capital Structure (xls) - Spreadsheet for calculating optimal capital structures using different percents of debt.
- WACC (xls) - Calculation of Weighted Average Cost of Capital using beta's for equity.
- Statements (xls) - Generate a set of financial statements using two input sheets - operational data and financial data.
- Bond Valuation (zip) - Calculates the value or price of a 25 year bond with semi-annual interest payments.
- Buyout (zip) - Analyzes the effects of combining two companies.
- Cash Flow Valuation (zip) - Walks through a valuation of cash flows under three models- capital cash flows, equity cash flows, and free cash flows.
- Financial Projections (zip) - Spreadsheet model for generating projected financials along with valuation based on WACC.
- Leverage (zip) - Shows the effects on Net Income from using debt (leverage).
- Ratio Calculator (zip) - Calculates a standard set of ratios based on input of financial data.
- Stock Value (zip) - Calculates expected return on stock and value based on no growth, growth, and variable growth.
- CFROI (xls) - Simplified Cash Flow Return on Investment Model.
- Financial Charting (zip) - Add on tool for Excel 97, consists of 6 files.
- Risk Analysis (exe) - Analysis and simulation add on for excel, self extracting exe file.
- Black Scholes Option Pricing (zip) - Excel add on for the pricing of options.
- Cash Flow Matrix - Basic cash flow model.
- Business Financial Analysis Template for start-up businesses from Small Business Technology Center
- Forex (zip) - Foreign market exchange simulation for Excel
- Hamlin (zip) - Financial function add-on's for Excel
- Tanly (zip) - Suite of technical analysis models for Excel
- Financial History Pivot Table - Microsoft Financials
- Income Statement What If Analysis
- Breakeven Analysis (zip) - Pricing and breakeven analysis for optimal pricing - Biz Pep.
- SLG Ratio Master (exe) - Excel workbook for creating 25 key performance ratios.
- DCF - Menu driven Excel program (must enable macros) for Discounted Cash Flow Analysis from the book Analysis for Financial Management by Robert C. Higgins - Analysis for Financial Management
- History - Menu driven Excel program (must enable macros) for Historical Financial Statements from the book Analysis for Financial Management by Robert C. Higgins - Analysis for Financial Management
- Business Valuation Model (zip) - Set of tabbed worksheets for generating forecast / valuation outputs. Includes instruction sheet. Bizpep
- LBO Model - Excel model for leveraged buy-outs
- Comparable Companies - Excel valuation model comparing companies
- Combination Model - Excel valuation model for combining companies
- Balanced Scorecard - Set of templates for building a balanced scorecard.
- Cash Model - Template for calculating projected financials from CFO Connection
- Ratio Reminder (zip) - Simple worksheet of comparative financials and corresponding ratios
- Risk Analysis IT - Template for assessing risk of Information Technology - Audit Net
- Risk Analysis DW - Template for assessing risk of Data Warehousing - Audit Net
- Excel Workbook 1-2 - Set of worksheets for evaluating financial performance and forecasting - Supplemental Material for Short Course 1 and 2 on this website.
- Rule Maker Essentials - Excel Template for scoring a company by entering financial data - The Motley Fool
- Rule Maker Ranker - Excel Template for scoring a company by entering comparable data - The Motley Fool
- IPO Timeline - Excel program for Initial Public Offerings (must enable macros)
- Assessment Templates - Set of templates for assessing an organization based on the Malcolm Baldrige Quality Model.
- Cash Gap in Days - Spreadsheet for calculating number of days required for short-term financing.
- Cash Flow Template - Simple cash flow model with explanations of each cash flow component - Arkansas Small Business Development Center.
- Six Solver Workbook (zip) - Set of various spreadsheets for solving different business problems (inventory ordering, labor scheduling, working capital, etc.).
- Free Cash Flow Valuation - Basic Spreadsheet Valuation Model
- Finance Examples - Seven examples in Business Finance - Solver
- Capital Budgeting Workbook - Several examples of capital budgeting analysis, including the use of Solver to select optimal projects.
- Present Value Tables (rtf) - Set of present value tables written in rich text format, compatible with most word processors. Includes examples of how to use present value tables.
- Investment Valuation Model (zip) - Valuation model of companies (30 Day Trial Model) from Business Spreadsheets | Additional Trial Models from Business Spreadsheets > Real Option Valuation | Portfolio Optimization | Optimal Hedging Strategy
- Cash Flow Sensitivity (xlt) - Sensitivity analysis spreadsheet - Small Business Store
- What If Analysis - Set of templates for sensitivity analysis using financial inputs.
- Risk Return Optimization - Optimal project selection (must enable macro's) - Metin Kilic
- CI - Basics #1 - Basic spreadsheet illustrating competitive analysis - Business Tools Templates.
- CI - Basics #2 - Basic spreadsheet illustrating competitive analysis - Business Tools Templates.
- External Assessment - Assessment questions for organizational assessment (must enable macros).
- Internal Assessment - Assessment questions for organizational assessment (must enable macros).
- Formal Scorecard - Formal Balanced Scorecard Spreadsheet Model (3.65 MB / must enable macros) - Madison Area Quality Improvement Network.
- Project Plan - Project Scheduling Template currently setup for a Balanced Scorecard Project.
- Gantt Chart - Gantt chart for project management with work plan -
Jim Chapman's Web Site | Simplified Version - Barnard of Fong's Eng & Manf
- E O Q Model - Simple Inventory Models for calculating Economic Order Quantity.
- Inventory Simulation Control Model - Formal model for simulating inventory shortages, delivery times, costs, backorders, and optimal inventory levels - John McClain
- Financial Projections Model - A comprehensive financial model for forecasting a complete set of financials with breakeven and valuation tabs developed by Frank Moyes and Stephen Lawrence at Leeds School of Business.
- Option Trading Workbook - Educational toolkit for using Excel for Options - Option Trading Tips
- Financial Model - A nice clean financial model driven by different calculators (such as Company, Market, Subscribers, etc.) developed by Bill Snow.
- Forecasting Model - Step by step financial model for forecasting financials created by Sam Gui
- Economic Evaluation - Step by step workbook for evaluating the economics of a system investment
- Project Management Templates - A collection of templates (charter, budget, risk register, issues log, etc.) for managing a project - International Association of Project and Program Management
- Project Cost Estimating Workbook - A workbook model for developing a cost estimate on a software development project - ProTrain China
- Risk Assessment Register - A workbook for establishing a risk management register -
Emergency Preparedness Capacity Builders
- Simple ABC Model - A simple model that illustrates Activity Based Costing
- Six Sigma Tool Kit - A large collection of templates for doing six sigma tasks
- Project Management Tool Kit - Collection of useful templates for managing projects - Michael D. Taylor
- Intellectual Property Valuation Model - A simple and easy to use model to help assign value to intellectual assets such as patents, copyrights and trademarks - My Patent
- IT Infrastructure Maturity Assessment - Maturity model for evaluating different segments of IT infrastructure
- EVA Model - Template worksheets for calculating Economic Value Added (EVA) - Zachary Scott
- EVA Tree Model - Economic Value Added drill-down model with charts - Manfred Grotheer
- Personal Finance Model - A simple and clean model to track personal wealth - ROI Team
- Financial Startup Model - A six parameter model to help organize financials for startup companies - ROI Team
- Performance Leadership Assessment - Simple and straight-forward tool for assessing leadership across five important categories - People Positive
- Due Diligence Assessment Model - Assessment of new business ventures across ten different dimensions - Affiliate Tips
- Management Diamond Assessment - A useful tool for developing human capital and teams - Geir Fuglaas | Management Diamond Overview | Management Diamond Book
- Performance Solution Tool Kit - Evaluation of performance issues related to knowledge gaps
- Ratio Tree - A simple yet comprehensive tree of ratios for most businesses - Strategy Expert
- Skills & Modeling Guide | Assessment Exercise Workbook - Two very good spreadsheet models to help you develop your spreadsheet modeling skills - Tykoh Training
- Breakeven Forecasting Model - A clean and contemporary spreadsheet tool for easily forecasting breakeven. Includes parameters for seasonality and start-up optimization - Ethos 360
- ROI IT Initiative Tool - A comprehensive business case model for evaluating technology projects - Hall Consulting
- Waterfall Distribution Model - Distribution of proceeds from a business venture using hurdles - Global iConnect
- LBO DCF Model - Leveraged Buyout Model with tabs for financials and analysis - Global iConnect
- Weekly Cash Flow - Rolling cash flow projections of purchases - Portal CFO
- Factoring Cash Flow - Weekly calculation of cash flows with factoring - MP Star Financial Invoice Factoring
- Series of Commission Spreadsheets > Calculator | Template-Fixed | Template-Margin | Template Revenue
- Dashboard Report - Demonstrates countif, vlookup, and arrays - Bob Lopez
- Real Estate Investment Analysis - Workbook example developed by Dr. Greg Smersh
- Rental Property Investment - Workbook for evaluating rental property - Globaliconnect
- Valuation Utility Workbook | User Manual - A nice and simple valuation model with sensitivity charts - Tykoh Training
- Monte Carlo Sales Forecast - Provides an example of Monte Carlo Simulation using a simple sales forecast model
- Business Templates
- Depreciation Schedules - Calculates annual depreciation using a variety of methods
- Business Templates
- NPV Calculator - Shows examples that use the NPV, IRR, XNPV, and XIRR functions - Business Templates
- Basic Excel Course - Collection of 4 Excel files from the Basic Excel course offered by DeZyre > All 4 Files (zip) | How to Concatenate | How to Use Lookup | How to Filter Data | Excel Module
- Financial Modeling Course - 12 different excel files from the financial modeling course offered by DeZyre > Download All 12 Files (zip) | Advanced Income | Analyzing Dominos-1 | Analyzing Dominos-2 | Balance Sheet Basics | Building Cash Flow Statement | Capex | Double Entry Accounting | Expense Recognition | Revenue-Gross Margin | Revenue Recognition | Tax | Summary|
- BPM Tool Kit - 6 different comprehensive models from Best Practice Modeling > All 6 Files (zip) | Enterprise Valuation Example | Equity Valuation Example | Historical Forecast Model | Whole Business Plan Model | Project Summary | Multi Stack Waterfall Chart
- Box IPO Model - A complete financial model developed by
Dheeraj Vaidya - Wall Street Mojo
General Resources on Microsoft Excel
| Business Functions | Business Intelligence | Business Spreadsheets | CEO Tools | Convert to Web App | Data Conversion | Data Secure | Excel Applications | Excel Auditor | Excel Business Users | Excel Cheat Sheets | Excel Development | Excel Digest | Excel Everywhere | Excel Exposure | ExcelFix | Excel Formulas | Excel Ideas | Excel Magic | Excel Materials | Excel Mixer | Excel Programming Services | Excel Quantitative | Excel Recovery Tool | Excel Solutions | Excel Tutorial | Excel Unusual | File Repair | Financial Modeling School | Financial Model Training | Financial Model Training-2 | Finance Models | Finance Package | Improve Excel | Invest Excel | Investment Related | Live Excel Questions | Magic Workbooks | Model Advisor |
Model Answer | Modeling Fundamentals | Model Sheet | Mr Excel | MyWorkTools | Oil & Gas Models | Online Help | Option Models | Personal Finance Spreadsheets | Process Simulation | Process Trends | Projected Financials | Quantitative Methods|
Quantrix Modeling [Quantrix Sample Models] | Real Estate Related | Secure Spreadsheets | Speed Sheets | Spreadsheet Comparer | Spreadsheet Guys | Spreadsheet Marketplace | Spreadsheet Security | Spreadsheet Store | Spreadsheet Tester | Stock Analyzer | Teach Excel | Timesheets | XL Modeling
| Customized Templates | Financial Templates | High Quality Templates | Project Management |
Add On's for Microsoft Excel
Able Bits | Addin Directory | Analyze It | Brush Tools | Business Rules | Custom Add Ins | Database Manager | Dashboards | Decision Analysis | Derivative Analysis | EZ Analyze | EZ Forecaster |
FinCad-Derivatives | Free Economic Add On's | Free Navigation Tool Bar | Model Builder | Monte Carlo Simulation | Monte Carlo - Easy | Monte Carlo-Tukhi | NumXL | Portfolio Optimization | Risk Modeling | Sensitivity Toolkit | Simul-Stats | Spreadsheet ML | Statistical Analysis | Recover Corrupted Files | Tree Plan | Value at Risk | XL Modeler | XL Sim | XL Stats | XML Report Builder |
Six Sigma Spreadsheets
ASQ Tools | Baran-Systems | John Zorich | SPC for Excel | SPC XL | Robert Dallman | Six Sigma Project Files
Leading Experts on Microsoft Excel
| Alan Barasch | Scott Beber | Rob Bovey | Stephen Bullen | Peter Clayton | Jim Cline | Codematic | Debra Dalgleish | Doctor | Curtis Frye | Glynn | Jon Heyden | Nick Hodge | Instant Online Help | Bill Jelen | Jason Khoo | Ivan Moala | David McRitchie | Jon Pearson | Jon Peltier | Andy Pope | Joseph Rubin, CPA | John Walkenbach | Charles Williams |
Leading Experts on Financial Modeling
Chandoo | Corality | Fimodo | Modeling Championship | Navigator | Plum Solutions | Pristine | Strategize
Books on Microsoft Excel
Analyzing Business Data | Balanced Scorecards in Excel | Best Practices | Business Analysis | Data Analysis | Excel Hacks | Financial Analysis | Financial Modeling | Finance with Excel | Managing Data | Managing Money | Spreadsheet Modeling |